1) You can never send enough packages!
2) Turn everything into a catchy play on words!
3) Be creative and have fun with it!
4) and most importantly! Presentation! Tie everything with a bow!
Here are Hermana Jacobsen's 10 package ideas for your missionaries!
|1) "Super (Study) Bowl Sunday!|
He was a HUGE Super Bowl fan, and entered the MTC a few days before. So she sent him this fun package.
2) Be sure to take advantage of every holiday to send a fun themed package!
Here are the ones for Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day
3) A MUST HAVE package for ANY missionary!
“MTC SURVIVAL KIT!”
It’s just a metal lunchbox covered in cute missionary paper
And filled with all sorts of travel size necessities!
-mini lint roller
-protein bar etc.
4) “LOADS OF LETTERS”
A kit with all the letter writing “equipment” every missionary needs
- a nice pen, pictures of Christ, church stickers, and a journal are some of the things included in this package.
|5) "MTC STIMULUS PACKAGE"- a refill for the MTC SURVIVAL KIT|
6) “ROME WASN’T BUILT IN A DAY”
He is on his mission to Rome, so this was a fun package for him to receive during his long weeks in the MTC, an inspirational package with pictures to remind him of the beautiful place he would soon be.
|7) Easy tip for a quick package: Take your missionary’s favorite drink and write a scripture on it, for a quick refresher (both physically and spiritually!), then wrap it up cute!|
8) "SCRIPTURE POWER-AID" and "PRIESTHOOD POWER-AID"
have fun coming up to make a "play on words" words with your package,
to make what you are sending have a spiritual vibe
9) "MARCH MADNESS"-
he can't watch the big games there,
so send him fun things like the food he would
normally eat while watching it (like in this package)
Keep it fun! - This package is in a bowl that looks like a half of a basketball!
9) "GIFT OF TONGUES"
Learning a foreign language?
This little box is filled with "tongue related" candies!
like warheads, fun dip, pushpops, and pop rocks!
10) "LEAVIN' ON A JETPLANE"
This is a fun one to send right before they head out of the MTC!
Include sparkling cider, for a little "celebratory toast" with the companions,
and basic travel necessities, like TUMS and mini toothpaste& toothbrush