Thursday, June 16, 2011

Week 1 at the CCM!- June 15

Hola mi familia!
Its my P-day and i only have  a few minutes to write an email to you all! (in the field i will get a whole hour i believe) i got super lucky slash blessed just barely becuase all the computers were being used so this teacher let me use his lap top for a second, long enough for me to attach two pictures! So one of of me at the airport a week ago and one is of me like 30something hours later the first night at the CCM with my new companion Hermana Mascow, we are standing in the main hallway of the CCM. My classroom is down the hall benind us and the cafeteria is to our right. The main devontional room is right by there too. There are 51 missionaries here right now and we have a record of one half being hermanas! we have 24 hermanas! the girls sleep on the third floor in a girls hall in 4 rooms and half are latina. I have 4 latinas in my room and they are so funny because we only understand each other some of the time  haha. but we get our points across usually... via the words we know and hand signals to learn new words. My latina companion is named Hermana Antúnes (i think) and she is very patient and nice to me. I spend all meals and devotionals sitting next to her. my companion is paired with her companion too. So ya it helps a lot because then i have to use what spanish i do know if i want to talk! I think the mission president is very inspired for doing it this way! his name is president steimle (or close to that) and i asked him and he is the one president funk was talking about.

Oh i have a calling! I am the technology person.. i make sure all of the mics, speakers, movies, and stuff are working before the devotionals (my teacher said i am the second girl to have that calling like ever! Thanks for teaching me all i know about wires etc david and daddy!) so i am okay at it and they seem to like me!
My teachers are all native spearers, i have 4 and they use english when we need to be learning something gospel related or when we don{t get what they say in spanish. they are so nice, i like them more than my provo teachers. anyway i love you so much and i go to the guatemala temple today!!!! i will write you more next week but i love it here! oh and the food is pretty normal i had pancakes yesterday and we even had a burger! love you!°
 
 Hermana Jacobsen at the airport! Heading to Guatemala!

 Hermana Jacobsen and her new companion Hermana Mascow

1 comment:

  1. Emily, I can't believe you are a missionary!! I am so so proud of you. In fact my heart is fluttering and I have tears in my eyes. I am sure you are doing a beautiful job!! BTW, this is Ruth, your lovely old gymnastics coach. ;) Found your blog through your facebook page. I haven't been on facebook for over a year so I am a little out of the loop. Anyway, again, I am so so proud of you, and love you to pieces. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete