Monday, May 30, 2011

"Hola"- May 21 (First Email)

"Hola!" - May 21 (First Letter)

Hola!!!
Hi everyone! I am safe in the MTC and today is my P-day for exactly 3 hours haha - a well deserved break! The schedule is so busy! I can't figure out how to send the pictures that i took but I have taken them. this computer recognizes that a camera is connected but it won't let me access "my computer" to get to the camera! bahhhhh. Oh well, i will print and send them when they are done printing next week.
My week has been so busy and full of gospel, lessons, studies and eating! We eat 3 full means a day which is intense! ahah it is exactly like the dorm food so i like it just fine :) My companion is Hermana Desoto and she is so nice and knows lots of spanish already so she is very very helpful to me! There are 4 girls in my room (6 bunk beds) and we all get along great. 3 of us are in the Guatemala NOrth Mission and Hermana Campell is going to an El Salvador mission, but we are all going to the Guatemala CCM in 3 weeks together. I have seen 2 other Hermanas that will be going with us. My district is 12 missionaries that I spend basically all day with. We do personal study, companion study, language study, and class all in the same tiny classroom haha. We aarree  squished but its good. THe elders are all very nice and act pretty grown up, ive been very surprised. My guy teacher is hard and my girl teacher is nice and speaks slowly enough that I understand a lot of what she says... well not a lot but i pick up way more words than i used to! We have had some wonderful spritual workshops as well! I am excited to go put all that i am learning into practice! I am learning to pray in spanish and learning to bear my testimony. I do lots of spanish flash cards all day. ahhhh busy busy!
Mommy everyone loves my outfits! It was a little cold this week but I wore sweaters and we were inside mostly anyway. Thank you for the coat and packages! :)
Daddy I am using my voice recorder! I got the message about the default saving so ill play with it.
Kids--- I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!
anyway I am happy and I love you so much! Thank you for helping me get on this mission! ( I say help because I don't think i could have done it by myself!)
I will send pics  ASAP!!!!
love Hermana Jacobsen

No comments:

Post a Comment